Our “Full Pack” horse riding holidays can be best described as “very all-inclusive”. Take a look at what you get….
The typical day’s ride is aproximately 2.5/3 hours in the morning after breakfast. On one of the days, we ride to a friend’s country house over the hills (3.5 hours ride going, 1.5 hours return). We stay for a lovely lunch and a couple of relaxing hours to ride back in the late afternoon in time for dinner. On another day, we usually refrain from riding in order to visit the Sicilian capital of Palermo, where there is so much to see. We have lunch in a very special restaurant…
I believe we have well trained horses (Click here to see them!) which we love and care for very much. They are used to doing every type of ride we require, and are able to do fast as well as beginner walks.
On most afternoons we go off for a small adventure and have dinner somewhere in the vicinity of where we choose to go.
Excursions usually include the following
- A visit to a lovely medieval town, high up in the mountains with dinner at a local restaurant. (not normally included in the 4/5 day package)
- Corleone, the infamous town (The Godfather) where the most notorious Mafia Bosses came from. We will visit a photo museum relating the rise of the Mafia in Sicily. We then visit another lovely little town called Palazzo Adriano where we stop for dinner.
- A visit to an ancient Arab fortified town (2500 years old) high up in the mountains of central Sicily. This is a minute little town, still inhabited and living in the ancient ways. No-one ever visits the town which seems to have been left behind in time. It’s story makes very interesting listening. Afterwards we have a sumptuous 8-course home cooked meal at a local agriturismo.
- A day and night in Palermo. (not normally included in the 4/5 day package) We visit street markets, catacombs, theatres, mountain caves and beaches (as much as we can cram into the day…). For lunch we eat at a very interesting local restaurant, whilst we again eat out in the evening, and sample the Palermitan night life.
- A full day ride to and from our friend’s country house. Lunch there consists of a home-made 4 course meal in Sicilian tradition.
- At least one BBQ on our terrace overlooking the Gurfa Valley.
- And several little stops in Caffes, bars etc according to the whims of the moment.
We may change these outing depending on certain circumstances at the time. Often there are special events, horse parades etc which would be of special interest to our clients. In all cases we will only provide more never less than what is listed, whilst I always discuss what’s available to cater for the clients wishes.
Our guest rooms are converted 150 year-old barns, tastefully furnished in antique style. They all have en-suite bathrooms. You can see a gallery of the premises here.
Breakfast is served at home (toast with butter and jam, cereals, yoghurts, croissants, jam tarts, fruit juice, tea or coffee). Lunches are also mostly served at home (with some exceptions). These are typically light ones (say pasta plates, salads, deserts, wine, fruit, liqueurs, coffee), as the evening dinners are often substantial. Generally, one meal is a somewhat lengthy affair and one is lighter (lunch and dinner). Dinners are mostly eaten out in different restaurants in different towns and villages. This is due to the fact that we always go out in the afternoon to evenings touring and viewing many parts of beautiful Sicily. We have chosen the best restaurants in the areas to stop and gain the full pleasure of experiencing as much variety whilst here as possible.
Wines, drinks, liqueurs are included in all meals and at the ranch.
All transport on excursions and everywhere else. Airport transfers from the airport on arrival, and transport to the local train station for the return journey. Airport return transfers carry an extra small charge. (For return transfer prices please visit the “Contact us” page)