A one-week Itinerary of horse-riding, sightseeing, good food and fun in Sicily
- Assuming a morning arrival, we drive to Pippa’s Paddock in the Madonie mountains, getting there in time for a light lunch.
- After lunch it’s time for horse riding.
- In the evening we go to a real authentic Sicilian restaurant in a nearby town for dinner.
Horse-riding after breakfast, followed by a light snack enabling us to depart early after lunch.
- We arrive at a very small private club by an inland lake, where we can swim and make use of several facilities such as canoeing, pedalos. Water skiing is available (skiing is not included in package).
- We visit “Cancasci”, a reknowned horse training establishment where we can see fabulous horses in training.
- We tour Caccamo castle, and afterwards, have dinner here.
- Lastly drinks in a very picturesque local garden pub.
– The delightful Royal Palace, an unbelievable tapestry of human emotion and architecture.
– We lunch in a truly quaint tavern in the forgotten part of the historic centre.
– We climb Montepellegrini for the spectacular sight of Palermo from above as well as visit the sanctuary dedicated to the patron saint of the city and the Island itself. Her’s (St. Rosalia) is an interesting story indeed.
– In the evening we hit the city that never sleeps, enjoying the bustling caffes and bars, gelaterias and restaurants. We dine in one of the local restaurants…
– We stay the night at our B&B right in the beautiful historic centre.
- Horse-riding after breakfast.
- An Adventure Park set in the mountain forest park, where activities such as tree-top obstacle courses, zip-lines and archery will be available (included in package). We will have a bbq lunch here.
- In the evening we stop in another mountain village, on the way home, for a delicious pizza meal.
- Horse-riding after breakfast followed by immediate departure.
- Afternoon on a famous beach resort on the North coast. Drinks and lunch available. (Entry, sun beds and umbrellas included in package. Snacks and drinks not included).
- In the early evening we walk around the historic town centre and stop for an aperitif…
- Dinner in a great restaurant right on the sea edge.
- Later, off to one of the great night clubs of the place. (entry included, but not drinks…)
- Breakfast. On this day we ride out to a friend’s countryhouse. We reach our destination after an aprox 3-hour ride in time for a true traditional Sicilian home-made multi-course meal. The horses are left to laze in a large paddock whilst we relax and rest after our meal. The ride back is around 1.5 hours…
- In the evening, we have the choice of either relaxing on Pippa’s Paddock terrace overlooking the valley or going out to the local pub for a few drinks.
- Horse-riding after breakfast. Light lunch at the ranch.
- We head to Palermo the chaotic capital of Sicily. We prepare for a night out on the town with a meal at a truly local restaurant and visits to several night spots. (Drinks at night spots not included in package)
- Tonight we stay at our local B&B, situated right next to the Politeama theatre in the city centre.
- After breakfast we take to the town and tour many of the delights of cultural Palermo.. Light lunch at the ranch.